Subject: Re: Alias style fillets?
From: [email-masked] (Justin Barrett)
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 1995 07:17:56 -0500

On 12 Dec 95, [email-masked] spoke up and said:

An> 3) Once you're happy with the curve, freeze it. See that one long,
An> connecting line that forms the flat side of the new polygon? You need to
An> get rid of it. Hilight all the points and copy them to an empty layer.
An> Use these points to create a string of two-point polygons. Start at one
An> end and keep building them all in the same direction (This is important
An> to avoid different-facing polys in the final result).

An> 4) Now Lathe that sucker on the Z-axis. Use as many segments as
An> necessary.  Lathing or similar operations done on two-point polys result
An> in a whole lot of double-sided polys. If you can live with this, no
An> problem. Otherwise, hilight them all and then select Unify. This will
An> convert all the polys to single-sided. If they're facing the wrong way,
An> they should ALL be facing the wrong way (hence my instructions in step
An> 3). Flip 'em and give 'em a surface.

A lot of these extra steps could be eliminated by just lathing the curve
that was made in step 2.  When you lathe it, it works just like lathing a
polygon, and you won't have to freeze the curve, kill the poly, build
two-point polys, etc.

         Justin Barrett - [email-masked] - 1:350/401
    Free Spirit Productions   -   Northland Cable   -   Peninsula College

 * Q-Blue 2.1 *